Elastic bands for training have become a trend in working our muscles, whether in the gym, at home, on the terrace, or anywhere else where we can train.
And it is that thanks to the heavy duty rubber bands, we can now train any muscle group of our body in almost the same way as if we were using bars, discs, or dumbbells.
For this, we will only have to know how to use the Ranger bands correctly and understand the different existing types since we can find smooth elastic bands, circular bands, bands with grip, and elastic tube bands.
What are Heavy-duty rubber bands?
Heavy-duty rubber bands are an element for physical training, elongated and made of an elastic material, usually latex or rubber. There will be a difference when you choose the elongated shape. When talking about the different types of heavy-duty rubber bands that we can buy, circular heavy-duty rubber bands are also included. As for its length, you can choose between 1.5 and 2 meters, being able to stretch up to 3 times this length safely.
What Are The Elastic Bands For?
Ranger bands can be used as resistance bands or elastic resistance bands. These heavy-duty rubber bands will allow us to achieve different objectives or be used in different situations:
- Perform bodybuilding exercises: One of the main reasons they are used is to perform bodybuilding exercises as substitutes for dumbbells or bars and discs. With heavy-duty rubber bands, you can perform exercises such as a bicep curl, military press, squats, or triceps extensions.
- Muscle toning: another reason is to tone the muscles and for which heavy-duty rubber bands are used. They complement different physical activities such as the Cross Training or in Pilates and Yoga.
- Help in exercises: circular rubber bands can also help to perform specific activities with body weight, such as chin-ups or parallel dips.
- Increased resistance: again, heavy-duty rubber bands can be used to increase resistance in exercises such as the bench press (offer resistance to the bar during its travel or in push-ups, increasing its difficulty).
- Complement in sports activities:Pilates is an activity that works the core or central area of the body very intensely. However, in some exercises, Ranger bands serve to provide a fulcrum for the hands. It is now possible to learn a large number of exercises with them and, thus, be able to include them in the sessions of this wholesome discipline. Another activity in which the use of rubber bands is persistent is in Yoga. Thanks to these bands, Yoga asanas can be given an extra point of intensity or, as in Pilates, serve as a point of support to facilitate the performance of some postures.
- Stretching aid: a heavy-duty rubber band can be used to perform stretching exercises for the muscles. Stretching is necessary to ensure good muscle health and maintain and improve flexibility.
Types of rubber bands:
We have already seen what rubber bands are and the different uses they offer at a sporting and physical level. As we have already pointed out, there are different types of rubber bands that we must know to know which is the most suitable for the use we intend to make of them:
Smooth Rubber bands
The smooth rubber band consists of a long rectangular band with a length between 1.5 and 2 meters or slightly more than 2 meters. Within this type of band, we find different resistances that depend on their thickness. This is a specific criterion when assigning a color to a resistance band. These colors are chosen to adopt the same criteria.
Elastic tube bands
Tube bands are in the shape of a cord and are usually made of heavy-duty rubber bands or latex. Due to their shape, they must have handles to take them comfortably. Some have hooks at their ends so that several rubbers can be hooked to the same handle, increasing resistance, so their versatility is even greater.
Circular heavy-duty rubber bands have become the most popular in recent years. They are smooth bands, circular and their thickness and width are variable. These circular Ranger bands allow practically all military exercises to be carried out, together with their high resistance, or to be used in Cross Training. Its price is somewhat higher than the rest of the bands, but the investment is worth it.
Circular bands are the ones that offer the greatest resistance and, because of this, are the most suitable for intense workouts.